To flourish tea culture around the world, our goal is to widely distribute your participation across a range of media platforms. To do so, please review this agreement.
Please note that if the materials in your Nomad Tea Festival are not properly licensed, your work may be (i) rejected for publication, (ii) taken down from the Nomad Tea Festival channels by a copyright owner, and/or (iii) targeted for legal action due to infringement.
1. Scope. Nomad Tea Festival will receive your work before or during the Nomad Tea Festival 2022 that will be held between 5 August – 8 August 2022 (the “Event”) in Melbourne, Australia, and across the web.
The Event is operated under the license of Nomad Tea Festival located at 238 Flinders Street Melbourne VIC 3000 in collaboration with other creators and businesses. This release (the “Release”) represents our agreement concerning your participation at the Event. In consideration of the platform provided to you and in support of the goal of a “flourishing tea culture”, you agree that: (i) you are the creator of your content; (ii) the materials used in your work are owned by you or licensed appropriately for use; (iii) you grant Nomad Tea Festival and other entities authorized to do so — e.g., Zoom. Facebook, YouTube, Loop Melbourne and more — the right to record, stream, film and photograph your work at the Event (the “Work”); and (iv) you grant NTF exclusive, unrestricted rights to display, distribute, perform, reproduce, edit, create derivative works from, and/or otherwise use the Work anywhere around the world, in whole or in part, alone or accompanied by other material, in any media without any further approval from you, in perpetuity.
This includes the ability to translate your Work into any language, and the right to sub-license the Work as necessary to third parties that NTF deems appropriate. However, the festival will not sell your work without your approval.
2. Personal information. You understand and agree that by contributing to Nomad Tea Festival, you consent to have your Work published worldwide, and grant full consent to Nomad Tea Festival to process, manage, store and transmit personal information collected from your Work, including supporting information, such as your name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical data (collectively, “Supporting Information”) to third parties for a permitted use. Examples of permitted uses of the Work and Supporting Information include NTF’s right to display the Work on the Nomad Tea Festival YouTube channel or website.
3. Public distribution. You understand and agree that your approved participation selected for publication may be shared under a “Creative Commons” license, CC BY – NC – ND 4.0 as long as appropriate credit is given, not edited or distorted, nor used for commercial purposes.
4. No conditions. You understand and agree that your involvement is for the opportunity to present an idea to a wide audience and to support the mission of the Nomad Tea Festival, as good and valuable consideration. You agree that there are no other conditions required and that: (i) Nomad Tea Festival isn’t obligated to use, publish or distribute the Work or Supporting Information in any way; (ii) except as required by law, you may not revoke the rights granted in this Release.
5. Ownership. You affirm that: (i) you have the full power and authority to grant the rights outlined in this Release; (ii) you are the sole author of the Work; (iii) you have not violated the intellectual property rights of another party and have permission to include all material in the Work, including, but not limited to, all copyrights and trademark rights; and (iv) you will advise Nomad Tea Festival in writing of all third-party material contained in the Work (and provide copies of licenses or permissions securing all necessary rights).
6. Legal claims. If any third-party claims arise stating the use of the Work violates their rights, you agree to hold harmless and to cooperate fully with Nomad Tea Festival to defend against or otherwise respond to such claim, pay license fees, if applicable, and provide written evidence of ownership of any portion of your Work if required.
7. Entire agreement. This Release contains the entire understanding between the parties and may not be modified except in a writing signed by both of us. This Release is governed by Australian law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts in English. If you are under the age of 18, a signature from your parent/guardian is required. Please email the consent form to email@example.com before you agree and submit an application.
8. Payout Plan.
The Nomad Tea Festival is trialing its first hybrid event in Melbourne, Australia. If you are participating as a speaker,
Offline tickets: you will be paid for 100% of tickets sold value.
Online tickets: you will be paid for 50% of tickets sold value unless discussed otherwise.
LAST UPDATED 25 JUNE 2022